This Week in the Twitterverse
October 11, 2009
Posted by on
Tweets I tweeted this week @crossborderbio:
- RT @jensmccabe: CCHIT announces ‘modular’ EHR certification
- This week’s Friday Science Review: cancer, genomics and Nobels, oh my!
<< Richard Chan, ladies and gents.
- RT @FierceBiotech: Kansas looks to boost early stage drug dev with $50M in venture capital funding.
<< incl. Burrill,MPM
- Big news in Québec’s new Biopharmaceutical strategy: $30mm for Genome Québec! Plus, cash for SR&EDs?
- RT @PharmProEditor: MDS Announces Agreement to Sell Central Labs Operation to Czura Thornton
- @ldtimmerman: Interesting note from prev tweet-Quebec data says “avg salary in the biopharmaceutical industry is ~55% higher than [others]“
- RT @ogilvyrenault: Audio Webcast: Impact of New TSX Rules on Public Acquisitions: What You Need to Know now.
- Google flu trends in Canada (story at CBC)…
- RT @ldtimmerman: Omeros,1st U.S.biotech IPO since Feb.08, -13% in 1st day..
<<after pricing bottom of range. Anthera?
- RT @mhuckman: Waiting 4 $OMER 2 open. RT @ldtimmerman:Omeros … completes 1st IPO from WA state in 2 yrs.
- @scotthensley: Autism embargo imbroglio
<< Anyone want to send me an embargo agreement? No NDA-type outs 4 public info?
- Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend: Health Canada notes 8 ways your turkey could kill you (hint: sam & ella)
- RT @chrisarsenault: Impressive: Google Street View goes live in Canadian cites…Maps at
<< I think I can read my mail!
- RT @genomicslawyer: The Human Provenance Project Attempts to Unring the Bell:
<< “gnid”…as hard to say as it is to do!
- RT @ogilvyrenault: Pierre-Paul Henrie will be participating in The Ottawa Network Startup Boot Camp, Oct.23-25, Ottawa
- via @FDA_Drug_Info: FDA Marks 100th HIV/AIDS Drug Authorized for Purchase Under PEPFAR
<< that’s a good milestone
- RT @FierceBiotech: YM BioSciences inks deal to acquire Cytopia.
<< CDNs say “plan”, AUS say “scheme” of arrangement.Nice.
- RT @PharmProEditor: GSK Expands Presence in China Through JV to Manufacture Pediatric Vaccines
<<no R&D,just mkt access
- Halifax’s Immunovaccine completes CPC transaction (RTO-ish) + $8.2mm placement, begins trading on TSX-V ($IMV)
- Schering-Plough Canada $30mm Pointe-Claire plant expansion
<< $3mm from Investissement Québec, $500k from City of MTL
- Diagnocure $CUR colorectal cancer staging diagnostic invades UK and Ireland via new dist agreement with Lab21
- Canada’s leadership in white biotech and biofuels: $1.7mm for flax genomics and biofuels refining